ÖSD Zertifikat A1 / Österreich (ZA1/Ö)
For the exam ÖSD Zertifikat A1 / Österreich candidates should be able to communicate on a basic level in simple situations of their everyday life.
ÖSD Zertifikat A1 / Österreich is directed at learners aged 14 and over and certifies language competence in routine situations with familiar topics and activities. The Austrian variety was designed for immigrants to Austria.
The exam ÖSD Zertifikat A1 / Österreich comprises the two modules: Written exam (Reading, Listening and Writing) and Oral exam (Speaking), focusing mainly on the receptive skills Reading and Listening.
Since 1st of January 2024, this exam has been offered both as a paper examination and as a digital examination.
For further information go to our references for the recognition of ÖSD exams in Austria.
No matter when, no matter where – with our tools, you can prepare for the ÖSD exam at any time.
Sample exam as download
- This is what an ÖSD exam looks like.
- Practice reading, listening, writing and speaking using the worksheets.
- Simply download the task sheets including solutions and audio files.
Digital Test Training
Model set for online practice
- Take a look at how an ÖSD exam is structured.
- Check out the solutions in the Reading and Listening subtests.
- Write your own texts during subtest Writing and compare them with examples.
More info, more examples
- Model set + 3 practice sets including solutions and audio CD.
- Exam comments, solution tips and exam info.
- The practice book ÖSD ZA1 is available in several languages.
The exam ÖSD Zertifikat A1 / Österreich comprises two modules: the Written exam (Reading, Listening and Writing) and the Oral exam (Speaking). These modules can be sat and certified individually or taken in combination. Candidates who have taken and passed one module will receive a single copy of a certificate for the module taken. If both modules were successfully completed within a year, at the same exam centre, candidates will be entitled to receive a single copy of a certificate listing all completed modules.
The exam will be administered by two certified ÖSD examiners who subsequently mark the examinee’s performance (see score form). By request, an inspection of the rating sheet is possible. Here you can find the Exam Guidelines and the Terms and Conditions for Exam Administration.