ÖSD Zertifikat B1 (ZB1)
With an ÖSD Zertifikat B1 qualification, you will master the basics of German and prove to have practical language skills for everyday use such as dealing with familiar situations and personal interests, as well as everyday situations in the context of professional life.
This exam is directed at learners aged 16 and above. A specially designed exam format is available for our young learners from twelve upwards.
The exam consists of four modules: Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking, which can be taken and certified individually or taken in combination with one another.
The exam, known as ÖSD-Zertifikat B1, was jointly developed by the ÖSD, the Center for Language Learning and Research at the University of Fribourg in Switzerland and the Goethe-Institute and can be taken at Goethe exam centres (Goethe-Zertifikat B1) and ÖSD exam centres worldwide.
No matter when, no matter where – with our tools, you can prepare for the ÖSD exam at any time.
Sample exam as download
- This is what an ÖSD exam looks like.
- Practice reading, listening, writing and speaking using the worksheets.
- Simply download the task sheets including solutions and audio files.
Digital Test Training
Model set for online practice
- Take a look at how an ÖSD exam is structured.
- Check out the solutions in the Reading and Listening subtests.
- Write your own texts during subtest Writing and compare them with examples.
More info, more examples
- Model set + 3 practice sets including solutions and audio CD.
- Exam comments, solution tips and exam info.
- The practice book ÖSD ZA1 is available in several languages.
The exam ÖSD Zertifikat B1 consists of four modules (Reading, Listening, Writing and Speaking). These modules can be sat and certified individually or taken in combination with one another. Candidates who have taken and passed one or more modules, will receive a single copy of a certificate for each module taken. If all four modules were successfully completed within a year, at the same exam centre, candidates will be entitled to receive a full certificate listing all completed modules.
The exam will be carried out by two ÖSD examiners, who will be assessing the candidate’s exam performance (right) after the exam (see score form). A right to inspect the answer and rating sheet of the exam can be granted upon request.