Profile deutsch was developed on the initiative of the Council of Europe in trinational cooperation between Austria, Germany and Switzerland.
Profile deutsch can be used as an open and highly flexible system when planning, giving and evaluating lessons in German as a Foreign Language / German as a Second Language. Profile deutsch applies the standards set by the "Common European Framework of Reference for Languages".
Profile deutsch describes the different levels of the "Common European Framework of Reference for Languages" from A1 to C2 and hence makes language competence measurable.
Profile deutsch is a reference book, a check-list or a treasure trove and can be adjusted according to regional, professional or other needs.
Profile deutsch is of invaluable help for everybody involved in
- developing and designing curricula
- producing teaching materials
- developing examinations
- dealing with language testing
- classroom teaching
Profile deutsch comes with a comprehensive database on CD-Rom including
- Can Do descriptions of the reference levels
- vocabulary & grammar (according to the different CEFR levels)
- lists of communicative strategies, learning tips and text formats
- Langenscheidt’s e-dictionary "German as a Foreign Language"
Profile deutsch helps you to
- assess levels and determine educational objectives
- supplement and expand teaching materials, strategies and lists of teaching objectives
- plan, teach and evaluate lessons and courses
- design teaching materials and combine them in different ways
- produce materials for tests and examinations
The book contains:
- detailed instructions on how to work with the CD-Rom
- the Can Do statements for the six levels of the CEFR
- a systematic overview of the different lists
ISBN 3-468-49410-6 (CD-Rom is included in the book)
Can be ordered from Langenscheidt and in specialist bookshops.